WTG Events is pleased to announce that on the Focus Day of the Biomanufacturing Summit 2014, delegates have an exclusive opportunity for a tour of Organovo’s 3D bio-printing facility and research labs.
Featured in MIT Technology Review’s 2012 TR50 List of World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Located in a 15,000 sq. ft. facility in San Diego, Organovo’s Vice President of Technical Operations and Product Development will lead the company’s first-ever manufacturing oriented tour of all operations, workstations and labs used to design functional human tissues. This personalized tour allows you to see Organovo’s 3D proprietary bio-printing technology and process teams in action. It will be followed by discussion on the scalability and manufacturing opportunities for the company’s first set of commercial products. Registration for tour will be limited, and delegates will be required to comply with a number of health and safety requirements. Discussion points include:
- Preparing of cellular materials compatible with proprietary printing processes
- Managing and scaling of human cells in culture
- Assessing the maturation and conditioning of printed tissues into the final differentiated form and function
- Qualify “in vivo” like performance and stated claims with functional and analytical QC testing
- Reviewing the opportunities and scalability of 3D bioprinting technology for wider application
Selected Awards and Recognition for Organovo:
2010: TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2010
2011: Engineering Australia Engineering Innovation Award
2011: The Fermanian Business and Economic Institute – Firm Dealmaker of the Year
2012: MIT Technology Review – TR50 List of World’s Most Innovative Companies
2012: San Diego Venture Group “Cool Company” recognition
Only 25 places are available, so if you’d like to find out more about the site tour or the summit, please contact us today.
Stone Brewing Co.
Looking for inspiration outside the industry? Delegates also have an exclusive opportunity for a tour of Stone Brewing Co.’s award-winning production and bottling site.
Featured in Inc. Magazine’s 2013 List of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
In addition to being a vibrant center for biotech, San Diego is a nationwide leader in craft beer. Stone is the largest brewery in Southern California and the 10th largest craft brewery in the U.S. As an exclusive offering, the company’s Chief Operating Officer will take you through the heart of the custom-designed facility and on-site bottling line to discuss is lean, customer centric operations, product and process development, business transformations, and growth strategy. Registration for this tour will be limited, and delegates will be required to comply with a number of health and safety requirements. Discussion points include:
- Examining improvements to manufacturing capacity and supply operations to accommodate 3-year growth of 114%
- Cutting-edge automation, controls and supply chain lines to advance line production and profitability
- Assessing the latest yield improvement processes and QA lab technologies
- Increasing global footprint and market access through plants to build new facilities and team in Europe
Selected Awards and Recognition for Stone Brewing Co.
2004-2005: Malt Advocate Magazine’s Brewery of the Year Award
2008-2009: BeerAdvocate Magazine’s All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth
2011: Forbes listed America’s Top Brewery Tour
2012: San Diego Business Journal names Greg Koch named “Most Admired CEO” for privately held, large company
2012: Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens achieves Sustainable Sites Initiative (SITES) certification
Only 35 places are available, so if you’d like to find out more about the site tour or the summit, please contact us today.