- Developing a manufacturing strategy for BRIC(K)* Countries requires careful consideration of “Everything” (that can impact the size of the local plant and required capacity output over time)
- For example, modular expansion is tremendously important for profitability while automation is a major protection of company’s profit.
- Challenges are cost pressures, limited biotech exposure of local regulators, developing infra-structure, and inexperienced plant operations work-force.
- A SmartFactory is an enabeler of modern and cost effective manufacturing strategies efficiently mitigating those challenges.
*Brazil, Russia, India, China (and Korea)
Philipp Hess PhDFounder and Managing PartnerPHA - Philipp Hess Associates
Check-in and Win!
For every meeting you attend on your itinerary you will receive a point - 6 points allows you to go into the draw to win a five night holiday for two to Punta Cana in the Caribbean valued at $2,000.
During the networking lunch there will be a limited number of themed lunch roundtables for delegates to participate in hosted by our commercial partners.
Each roundtable will focus on a different theme which will kick start a discussion amongst your peers. A buffet lunch will be served.
Confirmed themed lunch roundtables hosts:
- Process and quality data stored in systems like Paper Records, LIMS, LES, EBR, ELN, Historians, ERP, etc., is organized differently in each system to serve the needs of specialized users who focus on different portions of pharmaceutical production processes
- This creates problems for Quality and Process users who need to perform process monitoring, data analysis and reporting on the process as a whole, to understand the sources of variability through initiatives like Quality by Design (QbD).
- It also presents needless barriers to identifying Critical Process Parameters (CPP’s) and Critical Quality Attributes (CQA’s) for implementation of automated process monitoring with alerts review-by-exception as part of Continued Process Verification (CPV) initiatives.
- These users need an automated way to access, aggregate and contextualize all types of process-related data in a validated environment for analysis and reporting without resorting to labor intensive, error prone spreadsheet methods. This includes all types of process and quality data, including on-line data from real time (PAT) instruments.
- This presentation will describe how pharmaceutical companies have overcome these problems by using a Process Production Operations solution that provides a validated environment for self-service, on-demand access and automated contextualization of data located in disparate source systems without requiring any alterations to the change-controlled sources systems.
Justin O. Neway, Ph.D.Vice President and General Manager, Operations Intelligence Senior Fellow, BIOVIA Science CouncilBIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes brand
For commercial lot release activities
Risk based approach (methodology driven by statistical analysis) taken to evaluate the current state of assay performance (analytical system for stability and capability) for the methods which continue to be used for product release
An effective approach to support:
- Continuous Quality Verification (CQV)
- Establishing and maintaining a State of Control (Analytical Methods)
- Facilitate Continual Improvement opportunities
Hemant Kumar PhDSenior Director, Corporate Quality Operations/Quality Sciences and Analytical TechnologyGenzyme
- Single sourcing in the field of biotech manufacturing requires a layered approach per material type/usage. Typical material clusters are:
- Alternatives not desirable or extremely challenging to qualify (e.g., suppliers of process-specific/unique materials, e.g. chromatography resins)
- No alternatives pursued (e.g., feasibility of safety stock such as low $/quantity, strong supplier relationship)
- Secondary alternatives available to be qualified (e.g., for high $, high quantity materials, volatility of supply market)
- Risk mitigation approach to be developed per (Quality and Regulatory) risk profile:
- Nature of raw material in question and complexity of market (e.g. customization)
- Where it is used in the process (criticality of process step)
- Regulatory considerations
- Case study: cell culture dry media powder supplier and material qualification program
Yuval Shimoni Principle EngineerBayer
We are hosting an evening social designed for you to continue networking with summit attendees.
The winner of the Punta Cana, Caribbean holiday will be announced.
Wine and beer will be provided.
Over the years, Laguna Beach has established itself as a world-class culinary destination. What this means for you? You are so in for a treat!
The majority of their restaurants are independently owned; there are no large chains or franchises in Laguna Beach. This pride of ownership has served as the foundation for their gourmet renown, and you see it reflected in every type of restaurant, from 5-star Forbes recipients to the small storefront serving up immaculate fish tacos. The restaurateurs here in Laguna Beach are able to create without limit ... and they do.
With more than 90 restaurants in our 8-mile span get out and explore. Experience all of the foodie wonder of Laguna Beach.
Coaches will pick up event guests from the Hyatt Regency Orange County at 19:00 and a returning coach from Laguna Beach at 22:30.